Thursday, September 7, 2006

There was some non-tennis happenings as well, and a lot of touristy things too. I didn't partake in the super touristy day of Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the double decker bus ride in the rain, I needed the break from the family. So I met up with the no longer in Denver, super missed Cyn it was great to see her!!! I met up with her, and some of her friends for a great breakfast, she did all proper over on her blog with links and all, go check it out.

Then on to shopping, now I am sure it is no surprise to the local group that well we didn't take any pictures. It is the great plan that we may be the least photographed knitters... We started out at School Products which was a unique yarn store they had a ton of cashmere blends and what not. I bought one little skein of 100% Cashmere, it is so so soft. Img_0151 Cynthia didn't show a picture of what she bought I suspect maybe because there was some Koigu with some pinkish (no, wait it had to be purple) in it. Really pretty no less.

It was rainy and not the best of days, but we trudged through it, I was just happy to not have conversations like:

Mom: "How far is the Empire State building from our hotel?"

Me: "I don't know."

Mom: "How long will it take us to get there?"

Me: (trying to be nice) "Mom if I don't know how far it is how will I know how long it will take?"

As so on and so on. I call them filler questions, like when I do something obvious and someone asks about it. I buy a shirt at the US Open, my mom is like "oh do you like that shirt?" No mother I bought it because it is fricking ugly!!! She likes to fill the space has to talk regardless, quiet is not good for Mom, so she asks stupid annoying questions that drive me crazy and bring out the worst in me. Ok so onto the shopping.

I had wanted to get a bag, not any bag a bag you can only get in NY not one I would be able to find at home, or see someone else with at home. We hit a two stores, I found the bag in the second store. Verve it was a small shop with a ton of bag's all so beautiful and not all so affordable. I came home with this little (well actually the biggest purse I own). Img_0147_1 I really love it and feel less and less guilty about the price the more I look at it. I don't even have enough crap to fill it up, yet.

There was also some Vacation knitting, I bound off the body of the Green Gable for my mother on Tuesday night, I have the sleeves to go and it will be done!! Img_0152_1 I didn't think I had knit much while I was out there but apparently I had. I am pleased with how this is looking, I hope it sill fits Mom ok when I give it to her. Can I knit every pattern top down in the round, I love it!!

And since I was on vacation and calories don't count, which also means if you start something new just for the fun of it, even if you have 10 things to finish at home, there is no guilt there either (Not really true but I can try and fool myself). Img_0143_1 I cast on for Knit and Tonic's Sizzle I have not made it far yet, apparently the guilt set in about when I walked in the door and say the lime blue cardi, cutaway and my very own Green gable that needs to have some work done on them...

I was gone for 5ish days girls and I came home to so many blogs to catch up on, the most amazing one was Nachaele she updated 12 times while I was gone and was also packing, cleaning and moving. I am not sure I can squeek out that many posts in a month!

No comments: