Friday, August 4, 2006

I think I may be a big C knitter. We all know what a big K knitter is about, but the big C whether I just made it up or not may fit the bill here. I will get to what the C stands for soon.

I start to then realize a great friend to all of us Denver Knitters is moving soon, which is a sad event with a few nice perks. She will be near Knitter fantasy lands like Webs and Classic Elite which has a discount store there as well, how could all of us pass up a chance to go visit. I mean really!!! This doesn't even mention all the yarn stores in the greater Boston area. Cynthia her very own self, just sent out this email listing her new shopping list:

1) (more for me than you) IKEA is 35 minutes away from my apt.

2) WEBS is 1.5 hours away

3) the Classic Elite Warehouse is 45 minutes away.

4) Rhinebeck: THREE hours!!!

5) Maryland Sheep and Wool: 6 hrs.

So I start thinking, hey I want to visit Cynthia in the near future, I should make the best of it. Now I wish I could check off all of her items on the list above but I will take what I can get. The other night for giggles I start looking at plane ticket prices. Then I look here at the Vendor list for the New York Sheep and Wool festival, seriously look at all of those vendors, it is madness. I look back at the plane ticket prices to Boston, they are pretty cheap. How do I pass this up. I type a few quick IM's to Cynthia and before you know it I bought a ticket. I am going to Rhinebeck this year, I am also going to see Cynthia!!!

I am beyond excited, I am already being a little nerdy and looking up vendor websites and such. I may need a second job between now and then to afford any yarn though!!

So as you can imagine a big C knitter stands for CRAZY!!!

No comments: