Thursday, May 29, 2008


Finished...

Laminaria
Version 2, I know I only have one but I knit this twice due to crap dye lots and what not. But I love the outcome. Will I ever wear it, I am not so sure. More pictures here.

The hardest part for me about finishing this is that I have no lace project to go to now, nothing I have been looking at compares to this knit for me. I am a picky lace knitter, I love to knit lace for the sheer challenge of it. I don't really care if I ever wear it or not, but I want it to be fun and I have to really love the pattern. I think I am slowly becoming obsessed with the Herbert Nieblings stuff, it is amazing. Also hard to find patterns and what not for. Just look at this!

I am muddling through some stuff until I can find the next perfect lace knit for me. Suggestions?

4 comments:

Kim said...

Lovely finish!

I love Nieblings stuff--it's really beautiful.

You should look at some patterns from Heirloom Knitting and Goddess Knits. They have challenging stuff.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Laminaria looks beautiful! Herbert Nieblings stuff is amazing. I may have to try lace sometime :)

Anonymous said...

It turned out awesome. Thanks for those Neibling links. I really want to have a try at the Lyra (for the next 8 years...)

WandaWoman said...

Kim's right. You may want to try Niebling or Sharon Miller. The lace you like and what I like are very different. I'm a lace simpleton! :-)