Thursday, November 1, 2007

I do not know what it is that keeps me from blogging. I think about it often, I write blog entries in my head, but getting the pictures taken and the words typed out is not always as easy. Half the time by the time I do get around to it the pictures are way out of date and so on. It is sort of like losing weight or working out for me, I always have an excuse to put it off.

But today you get a blog post with out of date pictures, aren't you excited.Roam

I have decided I must always have one sweater on the needles that I love to knit, I am motivated to knit. At that point I thought, well why am I knitting anything that I don't love to knit, but we all have those projects for others, projects we love the outcome of but maybe not the knit. I love the Roam pattern, it is beautiful. I thought I had the best yarn for it, then it wasn't enough so I had to switch to another yarn I have had for a while. I started and it was looking very Rainbow bright, I trudged forward and it got better not so Rainboweske but I still didn't love it. Then I realized I am never going to use this yarn on anything else, I should do the seed stitch where the Rainbow is not so bad. They I screwed up the pattern increases and had to rip back, and there it sits. It even has a crappy blurry picture, how fitting. I do think I will go forward with this mainly because I can not think of anything else to do with this really nice Mountain Colors MountHoneycombain Goat yarn. I bet I do love it in the end.

Once I ripped out I needed something I wanted to knit on, so I grabbed more yarn in the stash wondering, just wondering if it would work for the Knitting Nature Honeycomb sweater. And guess what? It works beautifully, I am loving this knit and how it looks and how it even seems to grow quickly on size 1's. This is Classic Elite's classic silk which I seem to be addicted too. See the picture even turns out better when I like the projects.

I have also started a 2nd Hemlock blanket for a Christmas present, it is moving along nicely the second one is not near as fun though. I am on an Afghan fix, I am also making the Prairie blanket like Michelle made and Stacey is also working on. It is a fast knit, and since it is a Christmas surprise I can only work on it part of every week so I think the little break each week helps out. PrairieI have almost 2 of the strips down and I would love to make it larger as Michelle did.

I also started a new project out of some super soft super beautiful yarn that Mary Kay of Red Rocks Fiber Works this is some amazing Cashmere she dyed up for me. So soft, I wonder if I can felt it by just touching it. I do sort of recall that cashmere I don't think will felt, of course I am not really going to test that theory out. CashmereI put some stitch patterns together for this, little bigger than a scarf but not quite stole material either. It is very soft though.

I have some other odds and ends I am working on, little by little my niece's Starsky, the Vintage velvet I started last winter. Also another scarf out of some Rio de la Platta yarn I fell in love with. This one I am having a harder time finding a patter I like, not too boring but also it is hard to see a lot of pattern in this yarn. Well for a girl who likes to look at pictures in blogs I sure have been wordy today. Happy November!Rio

No comments: