Tuesday, January 2, 2007

es, I know this is not 2006 anymore but I had all intentions of posting this before. But sadly I only post when at work, I won't interrupt valuable knitting time while at home to do it. Not even with a new fancy laptop, not even when I am snowed if for what seems like ever. Just how it is. The thought is to just throw a bunch of pictures out there since I have been busy and keep the words to a minimum. Snow_012 Yep Clapotis, and not even a damn Clapotis like some of my other attempts.

Yarn: Lorna's Lace, Lion and Lamb, colorway Black Purl, 3 full skeins and smidge of skein 4.

Needles: Size 4, addi's turbos

Surprisingly fast knit, considering my other Clapotis blunders.

Spiral Rib Hat.

Snow_009_1 Yarn: From Rhinebeck, I need to check the label on this. Not quite 1 skien, what to do with the rest of it?

Size 6 addi's. Quick one day knit here!!

Knit1_002 This is the big accomplishment of the Blizzard Season, or so I think. Not quite done but getting oh so close, and maybe why I am starting all these smallish projects, so I don't have do do the finishing. I personally think my finishing sucks, and hopefully by the time I get a little closer on this one it will improve. That and some of the directions have me a bit baffled, pick up and knit , do I pick up then, knit, as in pick up all the stitches to be picked up then knit them all? Or knit them as I pick them up which I have never done. Maybe I can wear it like this with only the shoulders seemed and the sleeves set in but not seemed. I actually think I am going to lay it out and block it before I do any more seeming. I am working on an endless belt for this thing now though. Then I can worry about picking up for the collar right? After I get some expert advice and all.

One last thing to show you.

Fetching revised. The exact pattern just cabled all the way up. I really like how they turned out, I only only wish they were a bit taller for the fingers, I even extended the pattern a bit there. I also promise to not wear them with the Clapotis. Knit1_007

No comments: