Monday, May 8, 2006

The last post was all words, this time we will go for the visual side of blogging:

I finished my modified OSW, with sleeves, I stole the mods from here. I believe it was the August 18th, 2005 post. Basically I just joined the sleeves in the round, where the original pattern has you do the rib on the sleeves, then decreased about 2 stitches every inch until it was long enough for me. I used to be photogenic or maybe I just preferred the way I looked before and would allow pictures of myself. (yes my kitchen really is that color of green, not sure it will be staying for the long haul).

Dscn1919

I have also been working on felted slippers out the wazoo, one pair yesterday turned out quite odd, so I am unsure if I screwed up the pattern of if Rio de la Platta just doesn't do much for the felting world. I need to finish 3 more pairs by Sunday!!

See our new Garden Friends, Fred and Dizzy the Lizard. Dscn1922_2

I have also been working on Kyoto, I am unsure if my gauge is off, or if I need to make a smaller size, or if I just want my sweater to be big and comfy. Cynthia helped check gauge yesterday, and came up with 4, 4.5, and 5 stitches per inch. Not real consistent, I think I might keep going and see how big it turns out, or if I need it to be smaller. Who wants to rip, then again how often do I hear that something is too big on me. Dscn1920_1

I have some new yarn pics as well. I should really take pictures more than once a month.... The bulk of this yarn is for Ted's sweater when it gets colder, I will have to post a picture of the pattern I am going to use. I also bought some Noro Silk Garden, and some more Kureyon. Not real sure what i am going to make with either yet, some ideas but we shall see.

I think because of the two Noro purchases I must restrain myself from buying yarn untile EsDscn1917tes, I am out of control. Unless of course I need to buy yarn to finish a started project. I can do this, it is only a little over a month.

No comments: