Monday, February 20, 2006

I have finished the Knitting Olympics, obviously I did not pick something challenging enough for myself or my drug test will come back positive for steroids. I pick the former. I really like the socks, they are soft and very warm. I originally had a little trouble with gapping holes in my heal turns. Dscn1897_1 But in the end they turned out good with a little cinching here and there.

Dscn1899 I have since started the Shrug Stacey made famous, out of Noro Kureyon color 92. It is knitting up fast, but I had to go down to 6's to get gauge when the pattern calls for 9's. I originally bought Kureyon colorway 88 which was just too bright for me, I knew I wouldn't wear it when all was said and done, after much obsessing about it. So if you are interested in some Kureyon color 88 hop on over to my eBay auction. Sunday, Stacey met me at String to pick out some new yarn (for me) and ask some questions about the Shrug, since they are having a class for it. And that is when I got my new beautiful color. Here is a picture of what I have done so far. Dscn1898 I am excited to see this thing, grow, I will need to go back and get 5 or so more balls since they only had 5.

I have also been slowly working to finish the "damn" clapotis, as I call it now. The third do over and hopefully it will be done, it was my lunchtime project today.

No comments: